The 2012-2013 season opens for Chicago State basketball with a game against Green Bay on November 10 in Green Bay. The Cougars are looking to live up to the expectations of last season's run. They lose 63% of last season's player minutes and hope to make that up with the efforts of only one incoming freshman.
Chicago State will see the largest deficiency on offense, where the team lost 73.5% of their three-point shooting. Right behind that is assists, where they drop another huge 70.9% from last season's numbers.
Chicago State closed out the last season with an overall record of 4-26 and were dead last in the Great West with a conference record of 2-8. The Cougars did not qualify for the Great West tournament. Chicago State lost last year's senior Ardarius Simmons (32 minutes per game). The Cougars must also do without Lee Fisher (34 MPG), Matt Samuels (28 MPG), D`Jari Nelson (19 MPG), Jacobby Anderson (14 MPG), and Francisco Concepcion (6 MPG), who left the team.
Coming back to the Cougars are senior Jeremy Robinson (13.6 points/game), sophomore Clarke Rosenberg (1.3 assists/game), sophomore Aaron Williams (3.9 points/game), junior Quincy Ukaigwe (1.0 points/game), and junior Nate Henry (0.0 points/game).
One incoming freshman joins the Cougars, 6-11 Willie Rosenthal. Several players will also join the team, including 6-4 junior Mashawn Chamberlain, 5-10 junior Corey Gray (transferred from UIC), 6-1 junior Jamere Dismukes, 6-3 junior Nate Duhon, 6-4 junior Quinton Pippen, and 6-8 junior Matt Ross.
The Cougars will look forward to three games against AP preseason Top 25 teams, at #22 Notre Dame on November 26th, at #4 Ohio State on December 29th, and at #18 UNLV on January 3rd. The first Great West game for Chicago State will be on January 12th at New Jersey Tech.
Tags: Ardarius Simmons
- Since 2002, Chicago State has an overall winning percentage of 30.6%. The Cougars have been improving over the last 5 years with an overall winning percentage of 31.8%.
- The Cougars have an average conference finish of 3.6 over the last 5 seasons. Over the past 15 the team has an average finish of 5.9.
- The average final RPI (last year) of opponents on this year's schedule is 216.8.
- This year's opponent with the highest RPI from last year is Ohio State (#6).
- This year's opponent with the lowest RPI from last year is Houston Baptist (#325).
- The last time Chicago State returned less than 38% of the team's statistical production was 2011-2012.
, Lee Fisher
, Matt Samuels
, D`Jari Nelson
, Jacobby Anderson
, Francisco Concepcion
, Jeremy Robinson
, Clarke Rosenberg
, Aaron Williams
, Quincy Ukaigwe
, Nate Henry
, Willie Rosenthal
, Mashawn Chamberlain
, Corey Gray
, Jamere Dismukes
, Nate Duhon
, Quinton Pippen
, Matt Ross
, Markus Starks